Friday, July 18, 2014

early uncertain



first blood letting on this talisman


The year thus far has ranked moderately high on the hysteria scale, with such an abundance of shootings, international political turmoil, and airlines bearing the burden of ancient curses.  I must try to summon the strength from my own fear and uncertainty.  To identify with others around me who are also doubtful and self-conscious, abandon embarrassment for the sake of life briefness and go forward with self-confidence.

I have recently obtained a highly mundane job at a call center in eastern Oklahoma, and it has turned out to be astonishingly o-k.   It tickles me to death to be sitting at my cubicle dressed like a total square knowing that one of the things I happen to not tell my co-workers is that I practice natural magic and am interested in rituals and ancient spirits.

Ginger leaf and other fragrant but invigorating tropical elements followed me back from the sea
I obtained a number of exotic specimens from my recent trip South to the Texas bank of the Gulf f Mexico.  Among my favorites were the sago palm pd, ginger leaf, and an odd little flower I have since been unable to identify (it looks like an origami box made of magenta, leaf-like petals).  The ancient presence of the sea has always been a fascination of mine, I need to ruminate on how to implement these elements taken from land very close to the sea, very close to a sea I know well.

     



more to come, still figuring out how to write about the practice and process




No comments:

Post a Comment